Temple Emanu-El's Religious School aims to instill pride and value in being a Jew. We have teachers who create excitement in the classroom and assist our children in identifying as Jews in today's society.
Our School program begins with Kindergarten and continues through Grade Twelve.
Grades K-2 and 8-12 are open to non Temple members.
We are proud to offer one of the only Special Education classes in the vicinity.
We use the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) CHAI Curriculum for Grades 2-7 which focuses classroom learning on Torah, Avodah (prayer) and G'milut Chasadim (acts of loving kindness) and expands beyond these topics in other educational programs. CHAI lessons are based on the "Understanding By Design" curriculum development model, which is widely used in the field of general education. Click HERE for the URJ CHAI Curriculum.
THE GOALS OF OUR PROGRAMS ARE:
- Impart knowledge of Jewish history and traditions
- Build Hebrew language skills that will enable our children to comprehend and participate in worship services
- Introduce modern conversational Hebrew
- Develop an understanding of Torah
- Teach the application of Jewish ethics, values and social justice
- Create an interest in Jewish current affairs in Israel and the worldwide Jewish community
- Develop a positive identification and commitment to Judaism within our children
OUR RELIGIOUS SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ALSO INCLUDE:
- Celebration of holidays, services and rituals
- Purim Carnival
- Participation in Friday night services by different grades
- Jewish music and art
- Tzedakah projects
- Family Education programs
To be eligible for Bar/Bat Mitzvah, students must have successfully completed consecutive study in 3rd through 7th grade at Temple Emanu-El or be otherwise qualified.
|8th-12th grade||Tuesday evenings||7:00-8:30|
Click here for the 2017-2018 Religious School Calendar.
Click here for the Religious School Handbook.
To contact the Religious School Principal, Jill Santoni, please call 732-549-4442 Ext. 5 or email her at email@example.com